Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dont let anything stop you!


 
Answer me this question, what is stopping you from achieving your dreams? Is it the goals you set, the people around you, financial issues, what?
 
We can make excuses all of our lives about why we didn't achieve our goals, but that's not were we want to be, that's not what is going to make us happy.
 
Our happiness comes from being all that we can be, and giving ourselves the excitement and joy our hearts desire. It is by following our paths, our goals, our dreams that give us a sense of self-worth and pride and without it, we will consistently be seeking the validation of others.
 
 

 
I too have been in your shoes, were I wanted to follow the beaten path of security, I was scared and conditioned by my family and society, that it was safer and easy to do.
 
But when I did what others thought of me, I may have been the best at what I did, but I wasn't happy.
I picked jobs, that where stable, starting at entry-level then almost always immediately working my way up to managerial, but quickly getting bored and out growing that.
 
When I decided I wanted to start my own private practice, I was scared and nervous of the uncertainty, people told me I was going to fail, that I should get a real job, that it's too expensive, that it takes years before you become successful, think about what you could lose, think about your daughter.
 
But all these reasons that were given to me, actually became the motivation I needed to go out on my own. I didn't want to out grow a dead end job and hit a threshold, I wanted to still be a life long learner and teach people everything that I learned.
 
In the beginning no one is a expert, its through trail and error, theory and practice do we really learn and become the expert we've always hoped. But if you never take the chances, how will you grow? how will you learn?
 
 

 
I took all the questions from the nay-sayers, and started to reframe them. Failure, is not failure, it is an opportunity to learn. What if I don't fail? What if I succeed? What is real job? Is it one that I enjoy life, and experience the best the world has to offer? or is it working 40 hours a week and having no breaks, spending no to minimal time with family and friends?
 
Its too expensive, and you don't have the money right now, maybe I didn't but their are other outlets that you can generate income and revenue. Their are loans, credit cards, crowd funding, investors, sponsors, savings, grants  you name it.
 
We seem to find excuses with everything, why we will never have enough, but the truth is, if there is a will there is a way. And if you want something bad enough you will find a way to get it, if not you will find an excuse.
 
 
Granted, I didn't always have it easy, I know what you are going through, I went through the same struggle myself. And how I changed it was by examining my surroundings, and asking myself is this where I want to be?
 
My reality didn't reflect what I wanted, and I had limiting beliefs and conditioned behavior that had been embedded into my subconscious for 25years that prevented me from taking the next steps forward. All the ideas I had an wanted to flourish, but couldn't wrap my head around actually doing it, stopped and hindered me from living the life I really wanted.
 
But when I decided, and made the choice I wanted my life to change, no opinion, no threat, or uncertainty could stop me.
 
You are able to move mountains when you decide to. It is the belief you hold and the actions you take that will allow you to get to where you need to be when excuses no longer hold the same leverage that they once did.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment